Monday, April 11, 2011

The Eager Beaver

I really think a lot of men talk themselves out of potential dates and sex, by saying dumb ish and taking things just a little bit to far. I like to call these men habitual line steppers, what they do is constantly over step their bounds. Bounds they shouldn't be crossing because they haven't reached that point in the relationship in which they should take such liberties and hell sometimes it's not even a relationship it's more like a happening. It's as if they take one step in the wrong direction or one step to fast and they've officially stepped their asses into the bad side, just like in Dreamgirls (stepping to the bad side, gonna take a mean ride). The bad side is a place that a man should never want to be, this is the land of sending you straight to voicemail, ignoring text messages, and they could forget about getting any.

This past weekend I had to categorize a dude as a habitual line stepper and throw him to the bad side. See he was already tittering that line of no return but I was giving him a chance to redeem himself, but of course he didn't. He just keep on stepping to the bad side. So here's a little background about him, dude hits me up on facebook and we exchanged messages for a while, eventually numbers were exchanged. We talked a couple of times on the phone and the conversations were mediocre at best but not bad enough to chuck the deuces to the whole situation. Him on the other hand, he was saying that the conversations were the best he had with a girl in a long time ( his words not mine), now in my mind I'm thinking what kind of girls was he use to talking to? I'm guessing ones that like talking about apple bottom jeans, Waka Flocka,  lemon pepper wings and whatnot, #shotsfired. Now mind you we've never met in person  before and had never made plans to do so. Thursday night he calls, leaves a voicemail, and text me, I miss all of these things but I did reply to the text and told him I was busy, he says call him when I get a chance. Well, I don't call on Thursday or Friday, I kinda forgot. Saturday night he hits me up and the convo goes like this.
Line stepper: Hey!!!!!
Me: Hey what's up?
LS: Nothing chilling on a Saturday night,  I was looking a some of your pics on Facebook, cause my bro wanted to know what you looked like,what u up to?
Me: I'm out with some friends.
LS: Oh ok have fun, matter of fact I'm bored need a drink cool if can come meet you or you good?
Me:Yeah I should've told you I was out of town, lol.
LS: Maybe next time.
Me: Yeah maybe.

Now after this exchange I was so turned off by this boy's actions. I immediately place him in the bad side land. There's so many line stepping flagrant fouls going on, where do I begin? 1) Why are you texting me at 11:30pm? I mean I know why? This is the time when booty calls are just starting to be placed. Which would be okay if we were on that level but we aren't, hell we're below sea-level at this point. 2) If you were really trying to get up, what happened to contacting me at a reasonable time? That just shows you're rude and don't have respect for my time and once again WE AREN'T ON THAT LEVEL. For you to text me at this hour and then expecting me to drop/cancel plans to chill with you, boy stop. 3) After I tell you I'm out and I won't be chilling with you as you hoped because that's way you text me at 11:30pm. You take that as a cue to interject yourself into my plans with my friends, you sir must be crazy. I don't know you, nor do my friends. So why would I want some random guy coming around me and hanging out with my friends? Lastly dude that's a little creepy that you're just going through my facebook pictures and showing them to your brother. We aren't dating, why does anybody you know need to know what I look like? Is this a form of showing off or something? My family and friends have no idea who you are, wanna know why? Because at this point you're irrelevant to my life, as Evelyn (Basketball Wives) would say, "You're a non- mufa f@cking factor". 

After all this and talking to some other people there's a lot of line stepping going on and it needs to cease and desist now. It's baffling how someone could get so comfortable with someone so fast. Its like we go one date or have one convo and its like we're dating and you're planing to take me to your family cookout and show me off. Excuse me but when did we get to that point? See I believe in steps when it comes to dating. You complete on step/level and then you move on to the next one, just like in Super Mario Brothers. You've got to go through a lot of levels before you can get to Koopa and save the princess. But it seems like dudes nowadays are trying to skip levels by trying to get cheat codes out of those video game magazines. Yeah, you may get to Koopa faster but you missed the whole point game and just took all the fun out of it. Anyway maybe I'm overacting and being overly dramatic, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment