Monday, June 13, 2011

Thug Life Tatted On My Chest

I'm not from the hood and I have never claimed to be from the hood. Where I'm from I would more classify it as an urban black community, some may say that's the ghetto; I wouldn't go as far as that but it's definitely  " a black community". I don't remember play over needles in the street, shout out to Alicia Keys for that. There were no drive-bys in my neighborhood or people selling dope on the corner. I'm saying all this to say I'm not about that thug life! Nobody was slinging dope to keep the lights on, now writing checks and trying to catch said check before the power company cashes it or having a phone bill in my name at age 8. Then yes, I've been apart and know about that life.

But this thug life that certain rappers (coughs Rick Ross) love to portray, ummm no my life ain't about that and most people who listen to this music aren't about that sh!t either. So when you hear Young Jezzy talking about " A lifetime supply of baking soda clientele", and you're really feeling yourself. Like you know exactly what he's talking about, please sir or madame have yourself a whole banquet room full room of empty seats.  That's his life hell that's even his life anymore, he's off that sh!t and you should be too.

These little negros are walking around talking about they're putting in that "work". What work n@gga ? The only work you probably know about is homework, as it should. People nowadays seemed to obsessed with the "Thug Culture". From listening to thug ass music, getting tatted up and smoking weed all damn day. People are taking things a little to far, dudes are robbing banks with front lace wigs on their heads and knocking people over their heads for $30. Its crazy in these streets. Look people who are really about that thug life will tell you, it's really not what's up. From always being in constant fear of getting caught up in the game, to worrying about getting popped by the cops, or getting your ass shot up over some bs. It really isn't a game, its not Grand Theft Auto; it's real sh!t and real sh!t has real consequences. Please believe most of those people living this so called "thug life" would rather have your regular ass job or be going to your regular ass college campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment