Thursday, July 12, 2012

How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore?

Omg… I haven’t talked/seen you in forever!!
Why haven’t I heard from you in soooo long?

I sure everyone has heard these two lines or variations of these lines before in their lives. Nothing in the world irks me more than these two lines!! It’s almost like hearing someone scratch a chalkboard to my ears. Like how do you even really response to this question? The way most people go about it is to give the usual bs reply, “I’ve been busy”. That shit means any and everything but also means absolutely nothing at the SAME DAMN TIME. Shot out to Future for making that phase oh so catchy and irritating at the same damn time. Since my birthday in May I’m starting to realize I’m not the girl I use to be in high school/college. I mean there are some characteristics that still remain but others have definitely changed.
 I came to this conclusion recently when some asked the above question by someone. The old me would’ve replied saying “Oh… I’ve just been busy with work blah, blah, no hard feelings”. The semi-new Me +is not here for that bullshit. First I think about why I haven’t talked to this person in sooo long in the first place. Is it because I’ve really been busy but still consider this person a friend or is it because I just don’t see it anymore for this person to have a substantial place in my life?  Now what I mean by the latter statement is that have I not spoken to this person because we have an argument and we’re beefin now (because that’s a different story). Maybe we never had a fight but there’s something about this person that I just can’t get down with, well at not anymore. They bring nothing to the friendship/relationship table but their damn selves. Maybe dealing with them takes Jet fuel engine energy levels and my ass is somewhere on 5 miles to empty. It could be because I’m just plain old over them but more importantly it could be I’m only checking for people that are checking for me. That’s exactly what I’m going to tell you if you call me saying why we haven’t talked. I’m not going to give the semi polite “I’ve been busy” answer. I’m, going to tell you the phone works both ways and if you’re checking for me I’m checking for you.  If you call me every so often, with that “How come I ain’t heard from you bs”. The conversation is already going start off on the wrong foot because now I’m defensive.
Calling someone in that accusatory manner does nothing for your case, as to way that person hasn’t reached and touched your hand. It just reminds them why they haven’t talked to your ass. Like I’ve said before there are some people you can go days, weeks, months, and even years without talking to them and you guys won’t miss a beat, the friendship is still intact. Then you have people you could talk to everyday and that shit sounds Martin in House Party mixing and that dude kept bumping the turntable, beats missing all over the place. To those folks I say Good Day….. I don’t care how long I’ve known you. The relationship/friendship is going to have to change. If that means I have to drop you from my top-five or talk you on a less frequent basis, well so be it!  Listen…. I’m at a place in my life where I can’t do all this Save By the Bell/ Sweet Valley High drama all the time. I mean everyone has their moment but my God some people that’s all they have going on. Some Zack Morris, Kelly Kapowski, A.C. Slater love triangle bs that’s it nothing more, nothing less. Listen this ain’t high school anymore I can’t listen to you in study hall or after school at The Max talk about how you’re going to DIE if whoever the fuck doesn’t ask you to the winter dance. I know that’s not what they’re literally saying that’s what the hell I hear when they’re talking. I’ve always been a little boy-crazy myself, I’m dramatic too but I’m not out here living my life like I’m Brenda Walsh from 90210 either. So if this is you, I’m so sorry but I’m not here for the dramatics anymore. I have a job and bills and that’s all the drama I need.  

2 comments:

  1. That is something I hear regularly lol And, I am guilty of using the "I've just been busy" excuse. I guess it's just more polite than the truth - that I just don't enjoy their company or conversation any more. Saw you on 20sb and thought I'd check your site out. :) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kitty Thanks for checking out the blog :)The I've been busy excuse is more polite but I think I'm at a point where I just can't be polite to eveyone all the time. It takes a lot of energy, so some are going to get the truth from me.... I don't enjoy beinging around anymore or for long periods of time.

    ReplyDelete