Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why I Don't Go Through Phones

If there's one thing I refuse to do anymore in a relationship it is going through my boyfriend's phone, facebook, twitter, linkedin, AOL, blackplanet, or whatever the hell else. I implore you good people don't do it either, there's no happiness for you there. If you don't want drama then leave his/her phone alone. Here's why..... I once upon a time while involved with a guy looked through his phone without his knowledge. Although it didn't lead to 808's and Heartbreaks immediately, it was the beginning of the end for us. What I exactly found in his phone wasn't grounds for immediate dismal, like he was wasn't sending dic pics to the local tramp or anything but he was in contact with other girls and there was some slight flirting involved. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper after finding the info. I had to put he's phone back on the coffee table when he came back from outside and had to sit there watching House. Like I didn't just read on his phone him text some trick "How things going at work, sweetie?".

What really pissed me off about the whole situation was that, I couldn't give him the Prince side-eye and bust his shit wide open about texting bitches and calling them sweetie. Why? Because I was wrong for going through his phone, so therefore saying anything to him about it would've been an admission of guilt and I wasn't going to add insult to inquiry. So there I was stuck.... I had to play it cool. When all I wanted to do was slap him in the back of his head and throw his phone out the window, I was mad as hell!!! There he was on the sofa cooler than a polar bear's toenail and me madder than a son of a bitch. After about an hour or so, I realized the only person I should have been mad at was my dumbass. I was the one sitting on the sofa mad as fuck and he's over there with not one fuck given. I couldn't react because if I did what whatever piece of a relationship we had at that point would've just vanished.

If I said anything he would've gotten mad, we would've had an argument and then I would forever and always in his mind would've been that sneaky, untrustworthy, paranoid, and 1-3 steps away from being  Glen Close ass in Fatal Attraction. So that night I decided to never to that shit again to myself. Like I was having a shit fit in my mind but on the outside I had to act like Mary Poppins or something. Telling myself just a spoonful of sugar will make the lies down. 

For the next few days every time that boy said he was going out, there I was sitting around smoking cigarettes at night (I honestly think I played that song on repeat for a week after going through his phone... smh at myself). I was driving myself crazy, thinking was he really at his boy's house or is he with that bitch? Did he ask her how her day was today? All kinds of questions ran through my head. Questions that never would've been there if I had never looked through that dude's phone, a week before that I was walking around singing "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood". A week later I'm on some Kelis "I hate you so much, right now" shit but I did it to myself. If you go looking for trouble, don't get mad when you find it. So after that I decide to keep my sanity, and not take up a part-time job of being Nancy Drew. I just couldn't do that to myself if it gets to this point.....

      

Ummmm then yeah it maybe time to give it up and turn it loose. I mean you know when shit isn't kosher in your relationship, going through the trouble of becoming the newest member of the Hardy Boys isn't going to ease your mind, when you find whatever it is your looking for. If anything the info you're looking for is going to send you over the Edge of Glory, so unless you're ready to let the relationship go to the landfill or have the "talk" about what's really Eating Gilbert's Grape in your relationship. Leave his/her phone alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment