Thursday, January 24, 2013

Solange

Now I usually don’t do this, but I would like to take a moment to talk about Solange Knowles. I’m loving her!!! I don’t know when or exactly how this came about but damnit Beyoncé’s younger sister is giving me life. I love her hair and its fabulous whether she’s wearing her actual hair, wigs, or box braids. I also love the fact that she told some magazine… Essence maybe that she was not the poster child for natural hair, that she was her own person. Here's the link Solange talks about natural hair, although she got some backlash from the natural girls around the world. She still gave no fucks and said she meant what she said but she could have chosen a better why of saying it. Her fashion sense is a little off to some but I love it. It's got to be hard to be the biggest pop star of our generations sister and find your own way. Solange has manage to do just that, she may not have been apart of Destiny's Child but she's found a way to step into her own Destiny.

 

Now I may not have always been here for or a fan her music when she first came out and was playing around in Lil' Bow Bow's videos. I was like girl..... we already have 3LW and now you want to be the solo version.  Please try again Miss because I''m not feeling it.

 
Well she did exactly that and dropped this little gem. I absolutely loved this album Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams. I felt like she had finally come into her own or she stopped trying to be what others thought she should, Beyonce the lite verison. Maybe after going through a divorce and having a kid she had something to talk about, whatever the case she found her groove. Recently she put out an EP True, and its amazing I love it!!! I knew I would when I heard the first single off of it Losing You
How can you not love this??? But even more recently she covered one of my favorite songs Make it Hot by Nicole Wray.... they need to do an episode of Finding our Missing on her, because honey has been ghost since 2001 at least. Anyway Solange covers the song and I love it. Solange covers Make it Hot . Is Solange ever going to be as big of a star as her big sister? No but do I think Solange cares about that? Absolutely not. She marches to the beat of her own drum and if you don't like the rhythm, I'm sure she would tell those people.... sit your ass down and don't dance then.

2 comments:

  1. Love Solange! She's really coming into her own, which has to be kind of hard with a big sister as famous as Beyonce. They're both my imaginary best friends.

    Jordan
    http://jordansvintagekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jordan Randolph I love her as well!! She just seems like a really cool person to hang out with.

      Delete