Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Am Not My Hair: Part 3


Well about my hair….. welp there isn’t really a lot to report this month. I seems be growing, I’m hoping it will be long enough by June for me to get a sew-in or braids. Not cornrows this isn’t 2001 and hell I wasn’t too much of a fan of them back then either. I thinking box braids or something, but definitely not those Patra/Janet Jackson Poetic Justice that Solange keeps trying to bring back. Girl let that go ever. Anyway I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

As far as my hair routine it’s still pretty simple.  I spray my hair with my water bottle that has leave-in conditioner and water. Then I use my other water bottle with my concoction of olive, castor, almond, and coconut oils. Rub it all in and add more leave-in conditioner. I do this in the morning and at night. The one thing I have started to do is tie my hair up at night. I wasn’t doing that until about two weeks ago, when I spoke to my cousin (she’s natural too) and she told me to tie my hair up. That I wasn’t a Barbie doll and I just can’t be going to sleep without a silk scarf on my head. Hey… I thought I didn’t need it; ummm yeah no I need it probably even more so now. I need it according to my cousin to keep the moisture locked into my hair while I sleep. It’s all about moisture people, it is the key!! So as usually if anyone has any tips or advice please leave comments. As you can see I’m somewhat walking in the dark with this natural thing.

2 comments:

  1. Aww Brittany, I'm just seeing this and I love the natural look on you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete