Monday, March 19, 2012

A Sticky Situation


Disclaimer: I don’t have a problem with homosexuality but I do have a problem with homosexuals  that have a problem with my heterosexuality.  

What exactly in hell am I talking about well let me tell you a story. Upon my arrival in The City of Wind I have met several interesting and some not that interesting people. Well I meet this one girl through a mutual friend. She was cool so we started to hang out as friends do, somewhere along the way this girl (let’s call her Rita) revels that she’s gay. She goes on to say that she doesn’t like to broadcast her sexuality because she feels like it’s her business. I told yeah you’re right it’s your business, who you choose to sleep with is your business. I personally don’t care who you choose to bump uglies with, as long as it’s not my man.  I told her I’m not one those people that couldn’t be friends with a lesbian, as long as she didn’t have a problem with my heterosexuality I didn’t have a problem with her homosexuality. So we kept it moving as friends. As friends I would tell her about the guys I was dating and she would tell me about the girls she would date, why? Because friends love to talk about dating in general, things were running along smoothly until this.

New year’s eve….. Well I was out on the town having a good time with my friends aka we were drunk. Then my phone vibrates and it’s Rita. The conversation was real general at first. Like hey, where you at?, who you with?, are y’all having fun?  Blah, blah, blah. See I asked Rita if she wanted to come out for NYE and she chose to stay at home. Whatever, I answered she questions accordingly until this text came through on my phone.

Rita: “Did u drive? Idk why but I wanna see your face. Is that bad? I can’t figure out what that’s about…..”

Rita: “ Eh, I need to evaluate that. I’m a little drunk.”

Me: “No we took a taxi.”

Now ladies and gentlemen at the time this exchange took place it was 15 minutes until New Years I was drunk like it was 1999 and I didn’t really pay any attention to what she said to me.  Until the next day and I re-read the text and I sit there a thought about it. Did this girl just try me? Did she really think this was some L-Word situation? Now I do have the tendency to over react to I called my sister to see if tried me or if I was overreacting. My sister said she tried it and so did the other 4 people I told this story to. The reasons they came to this conclusion is the 2nd text Rita sent, the evaluate part. Even as I write this the more I’m convinced she tried it.  Why did she do this, knowing that I’m straighter than an arrow? Who the fuck knows and I don’t think it had anything with the alcohol she was drinking.

Honestly I think that she thought that maybe I was (like some people in the world today) a little bi-curious and so she tried, in hopes that I was.  When she realized I wasn’t, she aborted mission and blamed it on the alcohol (I hate when people do that shit, I wasn’t the Ciroc in your cup..... it was you nigga!!  Now for the life of me I’ll never understand why she tried it, maybe she thought I was playing when I said I was straight or maybe she thought she could persuade not to me to try it out. Whatever the case maybe I just find her behavior in this situation to be disrespectful, on numerous occasions this girl would go on and on about people (in general) not respecting Gay rights and how folks always disrespect Gay people. But then she turns around and disrespects my heterosexual rights.... girl please have some stadium seats. She engaged in the same behavior in which detest, I call bullshit!!! Our friendship is now at a crossroads. I've only spoken to her twice since all this went down and it was for some real general purposes. At this point I don't think she's ever gonna to bring up this incident and I won't either because I'm over it and her too. I just makes me think was she being friends with me because she really wanted to be my FRIEND or was she just pretending to me friends with me so she could catch me slipping one day. I guess its one of those things I'll never know the answer to.

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to see a post from this point of view. Rude advances can come from homosexuals as well as heterosexuals. There seems to be a double-standard, where you can only get offended if another straight person doesn't respect you. It should be wrong no matter who does it. I believe that homosexuals are normal people, meaning that they can annoy/bother you just like a straight person would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @robin Mar I just think when gay people come at straight people in this manner it's just disrespectful. Just like gay bashing is wrong and disrespectful, so is clearly hitting on clearly straight people. I respect people's desire to be homosexual so I just ask that you respect my desire to be heterosexual.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... that's a peculiar situation. I would personally feel somewhat violated because she seems to have been deceitful from the start with her intentions. A guy pulling that shit with you wouldn't get a pass and I wouldn't really give her one either. I couldn't imagine how awkward that shit would be lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @South Loop Social Light Lol!!! Well its been very awkward, we don't even speak now I haven't called her and she hasn't called me. Which further proves to me she was out of order and she knew it because we went from talking all the time to basically being mute. It's just disrespectful that's all plus when someone to the same sex hits on you and you're not gay. It throws you for a loop, sometimes that shit isn't as obvious as when a guy hits on you.

    ReplyDelete