Friday, October 21, 2011

I Need A Ride Or Die Chick: Part II

I was thinking more about T.I. and Tiny's relationship and I remembered this one episodes of the Tiny and Toya show of the five I actually watched. In this episode Tiny's friend presented her with an opportunity to sing somewhere. The first thing out of Tiny's mouth " let me see what Tip says about it". What the f*ck... is what I was thinking. Tiny this grown ass 30+ year old woman has to get permission from her baby daddy (they weren't married at this point) to do something she's been doing since she was probably a little girl. Get all the way up out of here with that ish... this woman was in a multi-platinum selling group before she even laid eyes on this n@gga but now she's asking him she can sing at this Shady Pines retirement center (actually I have no idea where this gig was). Do you know she didn't do the gig, I want to say she came up with some bogus excuse but we all know it was because T.I. didn't want her to. All I could do is smh at this situation, I felt sad and bad for her.

I felt this way for her because she really wanted sing at whatever this thing was. Singing was her career its not something she did for fun, liking knitting. She was paid for it and paid well for her talents. Now her talent isn't being used in a way she would like because the man in her life doesn't seem to be supportive of it. See it would be different if she stop singing because she wanted to but I really don't think that's the case, then that would be her choice and nobody else's. Now does Tiny want to get back to the level her career was at when she was in Xscape? I don't know... but it seems like T.I. doesn't want her singing at the Grammys or at local state fairs. He just wants her at home singing in the shower and that's about it. Why? Who the hell knows? Maybe there can only be one Top Flight Security in the Harris household and doesn't want her to spread her wings and prepare to fly because he has to be the superstar in the relationship. He just want her bare foot and pregnant as my grandma would say. Whatever the case maybe Tiny should be able to pursue any career she would like and have the support of the man in her life but that's too much to ask of him. Who really knows the real answer but for some reason their relationship seems really lopsided to me. What I mean is that I think they both love each other but I think Tiny loves him a little more than he loves her and that's never good.

She loves him to the point where she'll do absolutely dumb shit for him, taking drug charges for him, being a drug mule, participating in threesomes (allegedly and hey she maybe into that), accepting cheating and his herpes. Yes, ladies he has herpes, that's not a rumor. But finally I really think she gave up her career for him and that's a lot to give up and deal with for someone you love. Think about whens the last time you heard Tiny sing? Well I'm thinking is was around 1998, in that My Little Secret video. I don't care how many nail shop, wing stops, and check cashing spot she opens. That woman wants to be singing, like in a mama I want sing kind of way  but truly believe she gave it all up for the King of The South. Which is fine if that's what she wanted to do and he didn't make it seem like it was either him or her career. Who knows... but I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot would he do the same. Like I said before ride or die my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment