Tuesday, October 18, 2011

State of Affairs


I got a call the other day, from a guy that just didn't quite make the team. You know that guy you know likes you and you may or may not like him back, for whatever reason. But you keep him around because he's a cool dude. Well this guy (let's call him Ted) calls me randomly one night. So after pleasantries are exchanged, he asks me out of the blue to go with him to his company's party he has to attend. It the party was at this fancy venue, with fancy people, and fancy food and drinks. Well after thinking about for a minute, I accepted his invite because its going to be fancy and I like fancy ish and it was free drinks. I said to myself, what the hell do I have to lose by going to this party? So as Ted giving me more details about the event, I started thinking. Why in the hell did Ted just randomly call me to go with him to this ultra fancy for his job? I hadn't seen this boy since our mutual friend's birthday party, which was last Christmas Eve and I can't remember the last time I talked to him other than at said party. Which brings me back to why out of all the people/girls he knows did he ask me?

So me being me I asked him, why did you just ask me to this party? He's reply "because you know I've always liked you the timing and other stuff was never right... blah, blah..." Classic bs answer, the timing, wind velocity, and the twinkie to moon pie ratio was never right. Boy bye... total bs but I didn't call him on his bs, I let it ride for the time being. I never discuss the little theory I discovered while talking to him.

The theory being that all the girls talking to and/or f*cking were just as ratchet as can be or there were no girls period . So now faced with with going to a professional outing he couldn't bring those ratchet ass girls around his fancy ass colleagues. That would be uncouth, tacky, and a all around bad look on his part, because contrary to what some may think, who you sleeping/dating is a reflection of you. So what does he do he calls me he's "safety chick" and no I wasn't flattered that he asked me to this party. Honestly it was kind of like a back-handed compliment. This whole situation made me think about his state of affairs and his judgement as a whole or lack of judgement. Being that I've known this dude for about four years and seen his interactions with the opposite sex, a deep sigh is needed when speaking about this ordeal.

What made me perplexed about the whole situation, wasn't that this grown ass man (a lawyer at that) was still messing around with ratchets and bust it babies because I obviously know what place they sever in his life. It was that he couldn't even get up a decent enough girl to take to this party. He had to reach and I mean reach............ out and touch my hand to ask me to this party. This my friends is a sad state of affairs, everyone knows you should have at least one quality person on your team, while your dating. So you won't have to make these awkward phone calls to people. Ted clearly doesn't have this or he wouldn't have asked me to this party. Then again maybe Ted is in the process of rebuilding his team, like the Knicks and was trying to see where his players fell in line. Idk, but all I know is I never want to be in Ted's position because it isn't a position of power and I'm all about the power. So everyone what's your state of affairs looking like? 

2 comments:

  1. I am allergic to hanging out with dudes I don't really like, so my roster is currently Empty with a capital E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my roster is empty to for exactly the same reason but some people rather deal with basic people instead of being alone.

    ReplyDelete