Thursday, December 29, 2011

No New Year's Resolutions


This is going to be my last post of the year, I want to thank each and every one of you that have taken the time to read this blog. This year has been a lot of different things some good things and some bad ones. This blog has been one of the good ones and I hope that 2012 brings bigger and better things to this blog and to everyone who reads this blog. So have a safe and Happy New Year and see ya in 2012. 


Well it’s that time of year where people start to reflect back on the past year. The things they did, the things they didn’t do. The relationships they gained and the ones they lost and just about everything else between. People start to plan for the upcoming year. Some of these changes maybe minor some maybe major and New Year’s resolutions are being made.
So what’s my New Year’s resolution, well simple to live my life like Beyonce’s Party video, to just do better than before that’s it. It sounds simple but when it’s put into practice, shit can get complicated. I know all things I should be doing and the things I shouldn’t be doing too. For example losing weight is a part of a lot of people’s resolutions, I know what I need to do to accomplish that goal, and I do it at a mild pace. I exercise but I still eat like it's freshman year in college half of the time. Guess what? I’m not going to lose any weight by doing this; all I’m doing is maintaining my weight. I don’t gain any but I don’t lose any either hence I need to do better. The same thing just with other aspects of my life such professionally I KNOW I need to go back to school, but just thinking to the application process makes my head hurt. Welp, I just need to suck it up take an aspirin or something and just do it like Nike.
When comes to dating I can do better in that department too. Look I know myself and I know I’m quick to dismiss a guy for any little infraction. So maybe just maybe I could ease up a bit. I could stop acting like I’m going on a trip to the dentist when I go out with guys and put forward more of an effort. If I put the same effort I do in my friends half of the other things I enjoy into dating…… I’ll probably be married by now if I wanted to be. So generally I should probably do better when it comes to dating. I just need to do better in life in general. So this year I’m making no resolutions because I feel like an idiot by March because I didn't stick with them.  I’m just going do things better than what I have been doing them.   

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Following you from 20SB! Feel free to follow back :) I know what you mean about dismissing guys too soon. I'm a newlywed but in my single days, I would usually decide right away that a guy wasn't going to work for the smallest of things. The night I met my husbnad, I thought he was a huge dork and *so* not my type. Had I not given him a chance, who knows where I'd be?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading!!! I'll will definitely follow you back. I think you have a point about dismissing guys for any and everything. I do it all the tine but i'm working on it :)

    ReplyDelete