Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You're So Vain

Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I'm very girly and pretty much a cosmetic junkie, and to an extent I'm kind of vain, I'm very much into my outward appearance. Now my vanity isn't to the point were I'm always in the mirror, saying mirror on the wall who's the prettiest of them all or I'm trying to take glamour shot pictures all the time. I just take pride in my appearance. I like to look good and put together, I don't like leaving my house looking like yesterday's trash, I'm sorry sue me if you think that's wrong.

So when I see people out and about looking like Ke$ha (that girl looks like she hasn't bathed since 2005), and waking up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy and brushing their teeth with a bottle of Jack. My soul weeps a little, I'm throughly confused and baffled by this behavior. I'm not suggesting that everybody goes around looking like they just stepped out the pages of Vogue and GQ (although this is what I'm going for, but hey that's just me). But I'm gonna need you to do the basics and stop going around looking like a shiny turd and like you just completely gave up on life.

As if this air of glibness about  these folks appearances isn't bad enough, some people attitudes about their absolute lack of fashion and overall outward presentation, is plain irritating. Case in point Royce from Basketball Wives. Now idk if you watched this show but basically for the whole season Royce decided not only to dress like Susie Carmichael from the Rugrats, she also chose to wear everything from the bottom bin at the Dress Barn. Just dreadful, I say. First of all this chick is like 30, so why she chooses to go around looking like all her clothes came from The Limited Too, is beyond my comprehension.

 Ladies (and gentlemen too) after a certain point even if you can fit the clothes in your 13 year old sister's closet, doesn't mean you should wear them. Wearing Justin Bieber t-shirts and Wet Seal booty shorts isn't the business, let that ish go. You can't go out to the club/bar or wherever with your new Jay's, ripped jeans, and a wife beater on and possibly think you're dressed up. Girl...... please get it together, quick fast and in a hurry.

Now on top of Royce going around dressed like a 10th grader, she also felt the need to point out that she didn't need to be decked out in Gucci and gold to catch a man. As she so eloquently pointed out on the reunion show, when she was arguing with Evelyn (if you didn't watch the reunion please do, because this argument had to the funniest thing I've seen on TV in a while). I also learned from Royce this little titbit  "if you can't make your leg touch your ear, you ain't sh!t in the bedroom", I almost died when she said this right here I'm literally laughing as I type this.  Lawd this chick, well I guess me and a lot of other women ain't sh!t in the sheets.

Okay back to matter at hand, this child felt the need to go around on national TV looking like a rag doll and when she wore that wet and wavy crap with her hair, it looked like a wet poodle was on her head. Her clothes looked like she picked them up on the off ramp of a highway, along with some oranges, Gucci Mane's latest cd, and season 3 of Martin on bootleg. She was mess a hot ragged a$$ mess it was as if she forgot the cameras were going to be there.

Her justification for her ratchet ways, according to her was she didn't need to get glammed up like the rest of them heffas to pull dudes. Hey, I'm not knocking this girls hustle if she wants to go around looking like Lisa Turtle circa 1988, that's fine but don't be going around acting holier than thou because other girls don't want to look like they're stuck in the 80's. Saying that other girls are superficial, vain, and conceited because they give a damn about the way they look, is just wrong. There's an old saying, " If you can't fly, then don't go shooting someone out of the sky".  What Royce was doing was taking shots. Look if you feel like you don't need makeup, fancy clothes, a perm/weave or whatever to get men or to feel beautiful, then good for you but don't come off as your better than me or the woman like me, that's into makeup, fashion, and hair because you feel like that's what we got to do to get a man. Cause all we have to offer him is our outward appearance, that's far from the case this is the ish I like and I'm doing this for me. I'm not knocking you because you want to rock rough and tough with your afro puffs, so don't knock me because I like diamond and pearls and all the things in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment