Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shady Queens

Thinly veiled cattiness or shade gets on mind last nerves, I can't stand it!! If you have something to say, than say it point blank, plain, and simple. Don't sit around and pussyfoot around things, say what you mean and mean what you say. People who do things like this, usually do it under the guise of a joke. Such as "oh that's the outfit you brought it's a little too Wednesday Adams for me". Then when you side-eye that ass, her reply " I was just playing, lol". No the fuck you weren't but when somebody snaps back. The it was a joke card is always played. Chile you need to have an everlasting back seat.

Look I try to be the type of person that is a "tell it how it really is" with slice apple pie on the side (because otherwise you're just being mean). If your hair is looking crazy I'm gonna tell you. If I think your new boyfriend is gay, I will say so. I'm not going to let you walk out of the house with a wet bird's nest on your head because that makes not only you look crazy but me too because I'm out with you. Nor will I say nothing while you date a men who I think is gay. Only to have you looking like Terry McMillan on Oprah's couch, talking about I had no idea he was gay. five months later. That just makes me a bad friend (but I'm also not the person to keep harping on issues either). The thing is when people are catty in this way, they never think people are going to say anything back to them. Why?? Idk, may they think the people they're shading are cowards like they are. So when people do snap on their asses, they are soooo taken aback, they're really shocked someone would even come back at them because a lot of folks don't. Look I'm not that girl. I will read your ass like a high school student reading The Great Gatsby for a book report. 

For example at my old job, I had gotten my hair done over the weekend (like Kandi from the RHOA), well I guess my hair was not to one of my coworkers liking. She walks up to me in the break room at lunch and loud as ever says, "Someones's hair is looking wild today"and proceeds to give me the stank face. Now I normally wouldn't have done what I did at work but she really pissed me off, so I went in on her.  I'm looking at this old wrinkled up raisin of a woman, who's hair looks that of a matted, dirty ass dog. So I say to her " well I guess maybe today it does but yours looks wild everyday, what's your excuse".  She gives me a blank stare and says what? You guessed it, "It was just a joke". I told her well we ain't friends so don't joke with me, heffa. The moral of the story is don't throw shade and expect shade not to be thrown back at you and usually twice as hard as you threw it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment