Wednesday, September 21, 2011

When Seasons Change

So summer is officially over today :( and some people are holding on to these last days of warmth like Keri Hilson is to her singing career (with all her strength and blonde hair dye at your local CVS). Everyday the temperature deeps below 70 your heart sinks a little deeper. Along with with these summer fading days, comes a new season and no I'm not talking about Autumn. I'm talking about cuffing season or boo hunting season. Now for those that don't what exactly that is, its when women and men (usually men) decide that they've had even fun in the sun and random hookups . So now that it's getting cold they want someone around on a regular basis and get coupled up. Here's the official definition courtesy of Urban Dictionary:  the season in which everyone is getting coupled up usually around when the weather is beginning to change and it is getting cold outside. Le sigh I find cuffing season to be mildly annoying and here's why.  You usually get the random text from that random guy that you haven't heard from since right before Memorial Day. The conversation goes a little like this.


Random Guy: Hey, What's up? I haven't heard from you in awhile.
You: I'm sorry but who is this?


Random Guy: Damn!!! You don't even remember who I am. Its _____


You: Oh okay.... what's up?


Random Guy: Nothing much, I just want to catch up and maybe get dinner, lunch, coffee, and/or some ass.


You: (well depending who you are the conversation can go two ways yay or nay).


Look I'm not knocking cuffing season but me, myself, and I are not doing it this go around. I already got a few of these messages and I had to shut that shit down like a sweatshop on Canal Street. My reasons I'm focused on getting use to this Chicago life and getting a job, so eff you and your cuffing. Also its kind of like a back handed compliment, its like... I met you months ago but I didn't really want to go there with you until I saw what else is out there. Ummmm no thanks sir. Also when these dudes are reaching out to you they're reaching out to 2+ other girls to, which is the whole point of cuffing season. You throw some bait out there and see who bites first. Which is fine for some but for me I'm going to have to sit this round out. For those that are participating good luck and good cuffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment