Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Am Not My Hair: Part 2

So it's been a month (well a little over a month) since I shaved my head. It's grown out a little bit but more importantly my edges have grown too. I was really concerned about the follicles around my edges being permanently damaged by the dreadful relaxer I got; praise the Lord (or whom ever you may pray to) that is not the case I really thought my edges were gone like Phaedra from the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Yeah get into that shit....... no edges at all!!! SMH.




 
Anyway, I had a slight problem with dryness and I might still have this problem. I saw that my hair was shedding a little, so after talking to a couple of friends and looking on youtube. I realized 1) needed to stop washing my hair everyday. Shampoo especially the ones with sulfates have a tendency to dry out your hair. So now I co-wash it with conditioner and wash it with shampoo once a week now. The second thing I learned was to moisturize my hair a lot and that all the products I used while my hair was relaxed are useless; I gave them all away. I now I have some new products that I'm using, I'll probably do a review about them but I've only been using them for about a week, therefore I can't give them a full review yet. So yeah I learned and I'm still learning that moisture is the key. So here's a pic of my progress, if anyone has any tips plese do share.

No comments:

Post a Comment