Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Comeback Season


Every so often some dude tries to pull a Jill Scott on me, what do I mean by that? Well listen to the first
couple of listen of this song.



“Yo, I'm tripping right,
I heard you got married.
You got married?
No I mean, make any
It don't really make any sense
I mean, it's not like I, I didn't think you were seeing other people or whatever,
I mean I was seeing other people but
You know what this is,
You know what it was,”

So scratch out the married part, this is the song that must pops into some guy’s head that I use to talk to.
They get all into their feelings and go into Marvin’s room and lock the door. Listen…. This shit has got to stop. I know that sometimes people get their Deborah Cox’s on and get sentimental, it’s happened to me a couple of times. You hear a song and it reminds you of that person or you see someone that reminds you of that person, you start feeling nostalgia and shit about that person. Then you get drunk and decide to fuck everything and call that person, this is what I don't do (Well at least not anymore). My friend this is where shit can and usually does go sideways. Drunk dialing or dialing under the influence is a dangerous thing people and has to stop or at least be tamed down to a bearable amount.

What makes you think that person you’re calling wants to hear from your ass? Especially if you’re calling them with this “I’m just saying you can do better” bullshit, what makes you think they’re aren’t doing better? Is it because they ain’t with you? Newsflash dude you’re not Idris Elba (insert whoever is that guy to you her) nor are you the beginning and end of all things. Maybe that person isn’t updating their Facebook status every five minutes talking about how much they love their new boo? Or they aren’t instagraming pics of them eating ribs together at JJ’s Rib Shack? Just because the new person isn’t you and they’re not doing the shit y’all use to do together doesn’t make y’all situation better than the current one. Hell a new person doesn’t even have to be in the picture, just because you’re not in their life anymore doesn’t mean their life is Rolling in the Deep or something. Ain’t nobody going around singing Adele’s Someone like you because the relationship is over, for all you know O Happy Day is on repeat status since the demise of the relationship

Don’t come over here trying wreck shit because your situation is fuck up. All this I’m saying you can
do better must cease and desist. What makes you the authority on passing bogus ass judgment on what
I’m doing with my life, since the sun has been set on our time together? I could be smoking meth with
this new dude outside of Walgreens….. but that doesn’t mean I’m having a shitty ass time with him or that my life would be so much grander with you doing the same bullshit we once did. Did you ever stop to think that maybe I like smoking meth?? Disclaimer: I don’t smoke meth, okay people. The point is sir don’t come around out of the blue judging my life and who’s in it, since me and you aren’t an item anymore. You have been relieved of your duties and your service is no longer needed….. kinda like Marques Houstonand his contributions to the world of R&B. Your time here is done good sir. Therefore the next time you feel the need to get your Drunk Drake Dialing on please stop and think about it because I’m not here for it and I will read your ass like an Ikea instruction manual, carefully and precisely. If you have to drunk dial someone, call your mama. Hell that’s what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment