Monday, May 14, 2012

And It's Not Even My Birthday

Well sometime this week my birthday is coming up....... and I just don't know how I feel about it this year.  You know there are Birthday people and they are non-Birthday people, and I'm normally a Birthday person. For like the past 9-10 birthdays I've done something on my birthday. Hell there's been times that I've celebrated my birthday for like four days in a row a couple of times.  Whether it was a dinner party or partying at a club, I've always done something. I take Birthdays very seriously.... Like I don't go to work on my Birthday it's like my own personal holiday. It wasn't just another day like the other 364 days out of the year, it's my mothafucking Birthday!! Shit YOLO (you only live once) right?

But this year idk... I'm kinda cool on my Birthday. I flip flop between actually wanting to do something and doing absolutely nothing. Where did my love for celebrating by Birthday go? Is this what happens when you get older? Do you just start quoting the late and great Notorious B.I.G. or something "Birthdays were the worst days". Although he also said "Now we sip champagne when we thirsty", in the same breathe. So I guess Birthdays are whatever you make them.  I usually take Birthdays very seriously.... Like I don't go to work on my Birthday it's like my own personal holiday. But this year I'm going to work and have no plans what so ever other than  to get drunk.

The thing is I know why not really into my Birthday this year..... Its my friends. What mean is that my friends have all been there to celebrate my Birthday. There have been times when the whole crew wasn't in full effect, due to circumstances and that was cool because other members of the crew were around. This year no parties of the crew will be around...... and I'm 99% sure that's why I'm not too amped about this Birthday. I just don't feel like I can take by Birthday ratchetness to the level 10 that I'm usually on because right about now I'm at a smooth level 2. I'm not in the mood to wear my Birthday crown all day long wherever I go because it's my Birthday. I don't feel like playing 50 Cent's In the club 100 times because it's my mothafucking Birthday. Nope not this year....now that can all change my the time my Birthday gets here, but I kinda don't see that happening. You never know though I may just go ahead and be ratchet and actually do something because YOLO. Birthdays shouldn't be this hard to figure out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment