Friday, May 11, 2012

I Am Not My Hair: Part 4

My hair lawd..... I'm at a crossroads with this hair. I just want it to look like this  







But instead my hair is giving me this........ I know 


It's not going to grow 14 inches over night but 


chile this hair growth struggle is real. I haven 't 


really changed up my hair regimen to much. I 


wash my hair about once a week  with 


Organix sulfate free hydrating Macadamia Oil 


shampoo. I also use Organix's Renewing 


Moroccan Argain oil conditioner for my 


co-washing. I deep condition once a week with 


Pantene Curly Hair Deep Moisturizing Treatment.


I still use my coconut oil, castor oil, tea tree oil, 


and jojoba oil. I believe that all of this is working 


pretty well.... I guess. I know the key to hair 


growth is keeping moisture in your hair so that's 


with I'm trying to do.          








I went to a natural hair expo recently and got some 


Miss Jessie's products, so I'll see how they work 


on hair. I'm still going to get my box braids, I'm 


aiming for the end for the end on the month..... I 


really need to do some research because I'm really 


not trying to look like Patra, I'm just saying that 


look may not be the look for me.  I'm still trying to figure if I can do two-strand twist on my hair. I tried 


it once and that shit was a hot mess. Like it was really bad..... but I'll try it again when my hair gets 


longer. So that's it folks for this months hair update. 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's important to remember that even if you did nothing at all your hair will continue to grow. The key is length retention... keep those ends moisturized, sealed, and play around with different styles. It'll get easier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sout Loop Social Light yes it's been a struggle.... I know it's growing just from looking a pics from January when I shaved it to now. I definitely keep it moisturized even under the wig, but my hair is really like a sponge it just soakes it up and then dries out... Idk what to do about it.

      Delete