Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Rihanna Navy


I really like Rihanna, I may not be a 100% stan for her like I may with Beyonce or Mary J. Blige but I really f*cks with her. So let’s just get this out of the way. Is she the best vocalist? NO. Is she going to show you how to ride it like Ciara? Hell No!! But she still gives me life. First of all this girl’s work ethic is crazy. She’s about release her 3rd album in three years, yeah that’s right three album in three years. Tell somebody else who’s done that? People are still waiting on Dr. Dre’s Detox to drop, which will probably be on the 32nd of December. While recording these albums she’s been on tour too, and these albums have been successful to. She broke some kind of record in the UK this year for having however many number one singles in however many years, nobody’s done that since Madonna. So for her not to be able to sing or dance, the b!tch stays making hits. So yeah get into that, unlike some other artists (Keri Hilson and Ciara I’m talking to you).
So what is it about Rihanna that keeps her relevant and her making one hit after another? Well, I think people really started to pay attention to her when Umbrella came out and she cut her hair into that asymmetrical bob and stop trying to look like a Beyonce throw away. Okay then she cut her hair again and became a fashion symbol, I say symbol because I don’t think the word icon fits her yet. People use the words legend and icon too loosely. I love the way Rihanna dresses I’m always looking to see what she has on in magazines and blogs. I think she’s one of the best dressed people on the scene today but would I say she’s a fashion icon? No, those spaces are reserved for people like Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Bianca Jagger. Only time will tell if she reaches that status. Anyway she’s got her fashion game on point, people started to pay even more attention. Then the infamous car incident with her and Chris Brown happen, which I’m not going to talk about but then she got even more attention but she kept it moving and put out more music and she’s now the artist she is now and I love her.
I like her because I think how she’s portrayed out in public is who she really is for the most part in private. She just seems like she’s a girl that likes to have fun and doesn’t have a problem putting hoes in their place when it needs to happen. If I could hang out with any female celebrity for one night it would be her, because I’ll probably have the time of my life. As much as I love Beyonce I think it would be boring as hell if I were to hang out with her. We’ll probably just get most Popeye’s chicken and grade soda, watch old Destiny’s child videos, and I’ll listen to her talk about how Jay-z made her put her love on top. Girl bye, that doesn’t sound like a good time. Rihanna on the other hand, it would be like a scene from Katy’s Perry’s Last Friday video, with a mix of Beyonce’s Party Video. We would just party like it was 1999. Now that’s a girl I could roll with. I’ve also become a Rihanna stan because of the fact that she constantly shades people, especially on twitter. She just doesn’t seem to give a f*ck. Like if you come at her sideways she will come for you too. I’m sure we all heard about the Rhianna and Ciara twitter fiasco earlier this year, well here’s the link if you didn’t Rihanna and Ciara twitter beef .

 Rihanna came for Ciara’s ass and in my opinion Ciara deserved it…. How you gonna go on Fashion Police talking about Rihanna wasn’t nice to you at a Grammy party because she didn’t speak to you. First of all that wasn’t the question, they were asking about her dress, not if she spoke to you. Secondly, heffa who the hell are you that people have to get up and speak to you, the Queen of England? GTFOH… but when Rihanna said “Good Luck booking that stage you speak of”. I laughed for at least five minutes off that, because we all know Ciara has no recording contract as to date. Oh the shade. Then there’s the infamous “B!tch because I’m black “ tweet earlier this year too. Here’s the link to that 'Cuz I'm black b!tch. How many other celebrities would have said some ish like that other than Khia and Gangsta Boo? Not many and that’s way I love her now. She just wants to have fun, drink her Jameson and ginger ale, and keep it cute Caribbean mess. That’s why I like her; I have apparently been drafted into the Rihanna navy…. Lord help us all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment