Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Quarter Life Crisis

I think I'm at he tail-end  of a quarter life crisis, even though I'm a few years over 25. This all started last year when I decided that I longer like my 9-5 and the city I live in. I started to feel for a lack of a better word restless. I just kept saying to myself there has to be more to life than what I'm doing. Going out to whatever hot or lukewarm spot in Atlanta and buying vodka tonics, just wasn't the business. I was tried of doing the same things and going to places, I realized that what I was doing was definitely not what I thought I would be doing after graduation. I thought I would have this bangin' ass job and living in a super fancy loft in a high-rise. My nights would be full clubs, drinks, and friends. I would be the black Carrie Bradshaw.

Well that isn't life as I know it to be. I have a job it definitely isn't one I would call bangin, but it pays the bills most of the time. No super fancy loft and my life resembles more an episode of Golden Girls than that of Sex and The City. Boy as much as I love that show, it really effed up my outlook of life for awhile but that's another post by itself.  I started to question myself like what is your life about? Is this really what my life is about? Waking up at 6:00am working for 8 hours and then coming home to watch whatever reality show was on tv, drinking wine and doing it all over the next day. It was like that movie Groundhog day, like I said before this just couldn't be life.

I wouldn't say I was depressed in anyway I was just in a funk and a little disappointed in myself. I felt like I just wasn't living up to my potential. Something like the way Kelly Rowland must feel. You know she has all the right elements there to blow up but no damn match to light that fire. She could be great but something just ain't working for her, really why can't she be great? Then she has to look at Beyonce soaring out of the atmosphere, when they where initially kinda in the same spot and she has yet to take off. Who in their right mind wants that feeling? Not I said the cat.

So instead of focusing time and energy on what happened to my life, I have decided to be great, only I have the power to change my life for the better. I not going to wave my white flag and let this complacent life I created get the best of me. I will not be a Kelly Rowland (I like Kelly, I just want her star to shine a little brighter) I'm Beyoncing out this little life of mine. The real challenge is exactly how I'm going to do that? Do I go back to school, change careers and become the makeup artist I really want to be. Idk but sitting around and waiting for something epic to happen has never worked for anybody. So to anybody who wants come along on this ride,  I'm saying all aboard. Its time to stop be ordinary and become extraordinary.

1 comment:

  1. Who knew that your first post would be my favorite?! I love your colorful commentary and animation in real life and now the world wide web viewers get to see as well! Im proud of you...Keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete