Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Where Did The Time Go?


Why do I have this pic of the CareBears up? Well I will why tell you, the other day as I was paying bills a thought came to mind, CareBears!! See CareBears and The Smurfs ( I will be at the theaters when  this movie comes out in summer) were my favorite cartoons growing up. They represent a time when all I had to worry about was waking up, going to school and getting home before the street lights came on. Things were so simple back then, my biggest concern was probably deciding if I wanted a fruit roll up or gushers for a snack. The funny thing is that when I was seven, I was in such a rush to grow up and be grown. Well I am those things now and guess what its not exactly what I thought it would be. Sometimes being an adult sucks monkey balls.


Somedays I just want to be seven again even if its just for a day and not worry about half of the things I worry about. Its like I blinked and I was grown and now I'm left wondering when the hell did this happen? Where did the time go? When did I stop worrying about missing the school bus and start being concerned about if my boss noticed I was five minutes late for work? I don't know if its just me but I much rather be concerned with a report card than a credit report. I guess that's the way it's suppose to be, you grow up, you have to leave childish things behind and do your best to become a functional part of society. But somedays I think about the CareBears and remember days that are long gone. Its like my  my own little Delorean  taking me back to 1990, when I was seven. Sometimes you just wanna go back to simpler times, even if its just for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment