Wednesday, January 12, 2011

When Something has Gotta Give

Sometimes you have to give up life as you know it to get a new one. That sometimes you need to let go of everything you're clinging to and start over, whether because you've outgrown it or because it's not working anymore or because it was wrong for you in the first place ~ Kelly Cutrone

I read this in Kelly Cutrone's book; If you have to cry, go outside: And other things your mother never told you, its a really good read.  When I read this about 6 months ago, I wrote down this quote because it rang so true with me.  I knew it was time for me to make moves out of this great city called Atlanta and take up residence somewhere else. For the past year or so something just has been clicking with me and this city. I have this love/hate relationship with Atlanta. You know its the place where I grew up, I pretty much know this city like the back of my hand. I know where  go and not to go after dark, my friends and family are here, this is home.

Well sometimes home isn't always where you need to be and that's okay. When I read this quote I realized that I have done all that I do and accomplished everything I could  while living here. I just outgrown the place I've called home for over 20 years. Its time for me to move on and see if I can flourish in another city. I can't worry about the fact that I may not know anybody when I move away or that me moving might absolutely be an epic fail. That's just the risk I'm gonna have to take, I feel like I'm in a bad marriage sometimes living here. I'm in this marriage and I'm staying in because I'm holding on to all the happy times we've had together, but as of late things have just been bad between us. So I've made the unbelievable difficult choice, that its better for us to part ways. While we still have love in our hearts and think fondly of each other.  But I've gotta go, so I'll be sending you divorce papers in August but with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment