Friday, January 28, 2011

When I Break I Break

Can we still be friends? This question was asked of me when things didn't go as planned with a male suitor. To his question I said, "No, I don't think we can". See I'm one of those people that believes when its over its over. Its a like if you drop a mug on the floor, you can glue it back together but it'll never look the same, so what's the point of keeping it? I say throw that thing away and keep it moving. My logic is that we didn't make it as a couple for whatever reason, so we basically failed. So why would I want a constant reminder of that failure around?

But some folks will say if you started as friends, why can't you end as friends? Well to that I say, "To thine on self be true." If you can be friends, I mean real friends with you ex, than God bless you. But I know me, I'm not going to be calling this dude up to shoot the ish with him, we're not going to brunch to talk about "The Real Housewives"because you know why? That's what I do with my real FRIENDS, so I guess we were never friends to begin with were we? We were friendly but not really friends, there lies the huge difference. Hell I'm friendly with the cashier at Publix but that doesn't mean we're friends. So I see no reason to pretend like we can be friends, because these faux friendships are lined with false hopes, motives, and hidden agendas. That I refuse to be a party too.

Whether it was his or my fault for the demise of things is irrelevant. At this point all bets are off, I feel like I don't owe you anything and that includes friendship. So no I don't want to get coffee or tell you how my day was, I find this to be pointless babble and just a way for people to keep tabs on each other. If that's what you want, do it the old fashion way and stalk me on facebook. I'm deleting contact info and giving you back your ish, I'm just one of those people that finds it perfectly okay to part ways and not look back. Its not always because I can't stand this person anymore, that's usually not the case. This is just what I need to do to move on from that person, I basically need to act like that person never existed in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment