Monday, February 7, 2011

"Guys You Shouldn't Date: The Poser"

I'm going to start a little series on here called, "Guys You Shouldn't Date", first up is the poser. I don't know about everyone else but I've come across this guy a few times in my lifetime, especially living in Atlanta. For those who don't live here this place is a breeding ground for the poser in this land of make believe and fairytales. Everyone is a star here trying to outshine the next star, everybody is some damn body, its really black Hollywood out here. Here you can be a model and your only gig is a 2.5 second shot in Waka Flocka's latest video or a rapper with about as many songs as Ja rule has currently on the radio, its crazy out here.

See the poser is the guy claims to know everything and everybody. He's a business man but is very elusive about what he does exactly. If you ask, he'll tell you some ish like, I'm in the import/export, business, I'm a consultant, or the classic line I do promotions. The poser is always doing something or as they're like to say "making moves." They either just getting on or off a plane, as if they're Barack Obama or somebody. But then they call/text you at 2:30pm on a Tuesday asking you what are you doing? N@gga I'm at work, what the hell are you doing, shouldn't you be making moves?

Another thing about the poser is that the times you are available like at 8:00pm they're at a business meeting of some sorts or at the the office, dude be staying at the office more than Steve Carell, GTFOH. He knows everybody, you'll say something like "Oh I like Young Jeezy's new song", his reply " Yeah me and my business partner had dinner with him the other night at Spondivits", *side eye*. Really? When I hear mess like this I translate it as you possibly got to hang out with Jeezy because your boy is his weed carrier. All I said was I like his song, who asked for all that extra info? They always like to volunteer information nobody asked for. But the real way to figure out a poser is just listen to him, because his lies never add up. I suppose he thinks your dumb or either crazy.

Now see Atlanta is a different kind of place a lot of dudes think most girls are on that groupie ish, and a lot girls are, so to a fault I can't be mad at the poser. Due to the fact that some girls fall for that hat trick and really think the poser has big thangs poppin ,' I can't blame him for his actions. So I'm going to speak for me and girls like me, you can miss me with that ish because I see through all that hocus pocus mess. And yeah I may entertain your a$$ sometimes but I'm not really going with f*ck like that because your full of sh%t. I don't want to hear about your $500 Brooks Brothers shoes or how you were poppin' bottles of Ace of Spades with Trey Songz at the club. That doesn't impress me. You having a 401k  and contributing to it regularly, NOW that's impressive! Ladies you've been warned, the poser is a waste of time and space. Check his a$$ and tell him he's going have to come a little better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment