Friday, February 11, 2011

The Most Annoying Question Ever

"So why are you single?" Ladies and gentlemen what we have here is the most irritating question that anyone can ask me. Why is that the case? Well because when somebody asks you this question its a trap. What they really want to know is, what the hell is wrong with you that nobody wants you? How do you even answer a question like that?

I could tell you I haven't met the right person or maybe I did meet the right person but I wasn't ready to meet him or him me. That the timing wasn't right, I sabotage things for whatever reason, or my dating skills are about as great as Fantasia's reading skills(before her GED). It could be because I live in Atlanta (to those who live here you may know what I mean) the truth lies somewhere in between these things. My usual answer to this question is because I'm not married or because I'm flying above being some man's wife just to say I'm his wife. But my personal favorite answer is "why are you asking ?" This response throws the person off because what they really want you to do is give a synopsis of your dating history so they can judge it and you simultaneously. If that's what you want to do than I suggest you watch an episode of Law and Order, there's a crime committed, a trial takes place and a judgement is handed out all within a hour  and you can judge for yourself if the crime fits the punishment.

See a lot of the time people rush into relationships/marriages because they're tired of being single. They want to bring someone to cousin Mary's wedding because they want to void questions such as the one previously stated or being placed at the singles table. Now that's just a shame, a lot of the time people get married because they've been together forever and marriage is the next logical step. You know I've been told I sometimes live my life like a Disney fairytale and I'm also told that this is unrealistic because we all know life is not like a fairytale. Well I'm just fine with that because if I do get married I want it to be like a fairy tale and believe we'll live happily ever after, because he wanted to marry me and didn't just marry me because he figured I served enough time as his girlfriend. I'm sorry I'll prefer to have my head in the clouds, rather that than the reality of most which is that they're doing a 20- 30 bid and hoping they get paroled any day now.

2 comments:

  1. I hated the hell out of that question! What would piss me off way more is the question, Are you married, yet? what the hell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is the worst question you can ask a person, because there's no real answer to that question.

    ReplyDelete