Monday, February 14, 2011

Some New Rules

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year because I found the ones I wrote down last year and guess what? I did not accomplish not one damn thing on that list, its so sad I had such high hopes for 2010.  Oh well, such is life so this year I decided not to set myself up for the okie doke and write some bs down on December 31st 2010, just to feel like a dumba$$ on December 31st 2011 because I didn't fulfill my hopes and dreams for the year. But the funny thing is I made a vision board this year,  yeah I know its the same thing as writing down New Year resolutions but vision boards are a little different in my opinion. See  the vision board is like a friendly reminder of the things you want out of life for the year, just a little motivation like yeah girl you can do it. Resolutions on the other hand are harsh reminders of things you ain't doing. The voice is shrill and unpleasant, and the motivation is more on the lines of b*tch what is your life about?

Even though I don't have any resolutions this year I have adopted a couple of mottos with one of them being "If you ain't rocking, you'll be rollin". I heard someone say this in passing and I love it. Now my definition of this quote is that, I will no longer deal with or put up with other people's ish. Not in 2011, this year is about me and what I want out of life. Its kind like if you're not with me, you're against me. This is about not dealing with people who don't support you or don't want the same things out of life as you. Its about removing toxic things and people from your life, its about not taking on everybody's problems as if their your own. Its about putting yourself first sometimes.

Now sometimes you can't exactly remove certain people from your life, for whatever reason but that doesn't mean you have to really f@ck with them on the same level as you've always have. Taking on this motto might bring on some backlash by those who won't be rollin, but really who gives a flying f@ck about them. They may label you as a b%tch and that's fine, I'll be that because as my aunt says " B%tches  get paid and h*es just get laid". All I'm saying is that everyone isn't suppose to travel down this road we call life with you, some folks need to be dropped of at the nearest rest stop. A lot of the time these people will have you going the wrong direction and just make the journey a whole lot more unpleasant than it needs to be.  The road to happiness is always under construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment