Monday, February 28, 2011

I just Don't Like You, I Really Like You

When was the last time you really liked a person? If you're drawing a blank, like I did when I was asked that very question. Than I think we might have a slight problem. Think back to when you were in the 4th grade and you had a crush on that person in your class. That feeling was priceless trickery, games, fairy dust  or copious amounts of alcohol weren't needed to obtain that feeling. All that was required was acknowledgement of your existence from said person, or them buying you one of those 15 cent dinosaurs erasers from the school store, it was as simple as that. You like them, and anytime you spent with them or anything they gave you was enough.

When we get older you're so focused on finding love, falling in love and falling out of love with someone. That we forget about actual liking this person, which in my opinion is just or if not more important than loving than person. You can love someone and not like them at the same time. For instance I love Jennifer Hudson, I think her voice is amazing and I think she looks great. For some reason I just don't really like her. This could be because her music material sucks, I hardly like any of her songs or it could be because I was always feel like she's in Effie White mode. Like in that Weight Watchers commercial, is it just me or is she yelling? It just always seems like she's yelling. I feel like she's being loud and sassy for no reason, just like Effie White. She needs to take it down a knot or two, Dreamgirls was 4 years ago, you can step out character now.

My point is loving someone and liking them isn't one and the same. You could love someone from a distance and once you two are in the same locality, it's a problem. Y'all are at each others throats and falling out of love, faster than Tiger Wood's fall from grace.  This is where a lot of people miss the mark, they simply forgot about actually liking the person they're with. They forget about the simple things, like just wanting to be around that person while they're doing mundane things such as folding clothes, just actually enjoying spending time with them. I really believe that's what keeps people together over the years, liking someone little more than you love them. Love is a tricky puzzle that some never solve, you can love someone today and hate them tomorrow. People fall in and out of love everyday but what keeps them falling back in love with a person is that, they really like that person because that's what never really fades away.

No comments:

Post a Comment